Donnelley Land and Stewardship
Save the Dunes Conservation Fund Land and Stewardship Program
Our mission is to preserve, protect, and restore the Indiana Dunes and all natural resources in Northwest Indiana's Lake Michigan Watershed for an enhanced quality of life.
Leave A Legacy For Future Generations
Your donation is important!
Recent acquisitions include:
- Support meaningful stewardship and restoration efforts.
- Help offset acquisition and stewardship costs.
- Our land program preserves rare, threatened, and endangered habitats.
- The lands we preserve provide outdoor learning opportunities for children.
- Meer Road Woods in Michigan City, a wet woods (see photo on left)
- Sebert Forks, a forested fen with beautiful Trail Creek running through the property (see photo on right)
Save The Dunes Conservation Fund accepts critical habitat land donations and Conservation Easements within the Lake Michigan Watershed.
- ensure your land is protected
- release you from the responsibility of land management
- can provide a substantial income tax deduction
In addition, new Conservation Easement tax incentives are available until the end of 2007.
- retain ownership while giving up development rights - this can lower estate tax
- provide public benefit by permanently protecting conservation resources
For more information on voluntary permanent land preservation and conservation visit: http://www.lta.org/faq/
Contact: Carol Cook, Land and Stewardship Program Coordinator for Save the Dunes Conservation Fund at 219.879.2564 or email
Save The Dunes Conservation Fund is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contribution is tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
Download the Land and Stewardship Program Brochure (pdf)